I saw a video scrolling through YouTube (of course) of a woman and her teenage daughter going to Target to make a period bag. Now growing up, I never really had anything like that that could be discreet, cute and contain essentials for when that time of the month arrived. So I was very intrigued when I saw this video and thought what a great idea!
However, instead of doing strictly a period bag with some tampons, wipes and maybe some candy or what not why not an everyday travel bag.
As a woman that works a 9 to 5 job, does bass related videos and articles for personal and professional use and as a member of an amazing band, Ironsoul, I have a lot on my plate. Sometimes I don’t know if I am going to go workout immediately after work and don’t have time to go home or if I wake up late and have to run (literally) out the door for work.
I decided I wanted to tackle on this exciting project and purchase travel sized items that can be used for everyday use. Now, this grueling task (lol) of going out and finding items for this bag took me in many directions and places. I must say after purchasing the items and making the video keeping this in my purse has been a lifesaver.
Of course, these items you can customize to fit your lifestyle and your budget so these are just merely my suggestions.
- Dove Fresh Coconut Dry Shampoo – $1.98
- Spongebob Towel – $1
- Eucerin Lotion – $1.39
- Banana Boat SPF 30 Sunscreen – $1.99
- Tums Assorted Fruit Antacids (24 count) – $1.99
- Secret Deodorant – $1.00
- Hair Brush/Mirror Combo – $1.00
- First-Aid Kit – $0.97
- Face Masks – ~ $2.00 – $3.00
- Summer’s Eve Island Splash Cleansing Wipes (16): $1.72
- Pad liners (22) – $1.18
- NYX Eyeliner – $4-$6
- Chap sticks (Set of 3) – $1.00
- Mini Baby Shampoo – $1.00
- Hair Ties (16) – $1.00
- Body Wash Sample – $0.00
- Hair Conditioner Sample – ~$1.00-$2.00
- Gum – $1
- Triple Antibiotic Ointment – $1
- Dental Floss – $1
- Perfume (Victoria Secret) – $5 – $15
ADDITIONAL ITEMS (NOT IN VIDEO):
- Mini Candies or Fruit Bars
- Shampoo, Conditioner, Body Wash
- 3 oz. travel bottles
- Mini Flashlight
- Single Eye shadows
- Eyeliner Pencil
- Mini toothbrush and toothpaste
Have an awesome day!
No-Nonsense Guide to Music Theory, Scales and More!